Singapore Statutory Boards Employees’ Co-operative Thrift and Loan Society
- The Singapore Statutory Boards Employees’ Co-operative Thrift and Loan Society (SSBEC”, “we” or “us”) is committed to ensuring that our site is absolutely secure for you to use and takes great care to protect your information.
- Please note that this website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites belonging to other organisations, which are provided for your convenience. We would recommend that you read the Privacy Statement for every website that you visit.
What information do we hold on you?
- We collect details from you when you request a product, service, offers or news from us from our website, emails, telephone conversations, and written and verbal communication. We may supplement the information that you provide with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or our Partners.
- If you choose to opt-in to our mailing list, we may also use your contact information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- The types of information you give us will vary dependent on the service you’ve requested but typically could include: -
- name, address, and contact details;
- details of products and services you've bought from us;
- details of your interactions with us through our office, contact centres, online or by using one of our apps;
- payment details;
- call recordings;
- information about how you interact with our communications;
- visual images (usually obtained from photographs and CCTV images)
What do we do with the information?
- We will use the personal information gathered in our normal course of business primarily to: -
- provide the products, services, offers or news you have requested, and also for administration purposes;
- to confirm identification when you contact us;
- to keep you informed of any special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you;
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable;
- for credit assessment;
- to review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts;
- for statistical analysis, including automated techniques;
- for record-keeping purposes;
- for market research;
- to track activity on our website;
- to improve and monitor our customer service to you;
- for the prevention of crime and fraud
- We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Any personal information you provide to SSBEC is kept on secured servers. SSBEC uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures (a) to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of the personal information.
Disclosure of your information to service providers
- Your information may be disclosed to the following: -
- Data processors. We use a number of other organisations who carry out work on our behalf to help us provide our products and services. We ensure any third parties we may share your data with have at least the same privacy and security standards as ourselves and will only use your information for the specific reasons we ask them to.
- Companies, brands and businesses within SSBEC. We may also share information throughout SSBEC for the reasons outlined such as core administration and activities that have been identified as being within our legitimate interests.
- Credit reference agencies. For example, they may supply anti-fraud and credit-insight information to us.
- Social media companies and our advertising partners. For example, we might match your email address with Facebook and Twitter to enable us to run promotions on their platforms.
- Our regulator. For example, we may need to share your information with Registry of Societies or other regulatory authorities.
- Our professional advisors. For example, we may need to share information with our lawyers or auditors when they need it to give us their professional advice.
Controlling Your Personal Information
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to reveal the information. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the contact address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer, mobile phone or other devices. Cookies may be placed on your device when you visit a website or open a marketing email.
- We also set third parties’ cookies to allow you to easily link to third parties you may be subscribed to, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. We do not control these cookies and how your information may be used, so please visit the third parties’ websites for more information on these cookies. Our partners may also set cookies when they direct you to our site to buy or inquire about a product or service.